Harley Davidson

I was turning from a busy freeway today, and turning onto a highway, when a motorcycle whizzed by me. I got cut off. Let's all imagine the language that sifted through my mind. Or- maybe let's not. Immediately, I decided who this man was. Too fast. Selfish. On and on, I thought profanities toward his character. As I drove down the road, the man was out of site, and I slowly started to think of other things.

4 miles later, we hit the first stop light. There he was. The Harley Davidson guy who cut me off. In the same place he was, when he started speeding: directly in front of me. There was no need to speed. No reason to cut me off. I started to get heated again. We all know what happens...the light turned green. Cars went through...yellow....the motorcycle stopped. He and I were first in line at the light. I was certainly not excited about this guy.

And as I stared him down, he turned around. He pointed his finger towards me. Immediately, I became furious. Really? How ridiculous. What in the world could I have done to make him shake his finger at me? He kept turning around. And pointing.

Suddenly, I looked into his eyes. They were concerned, and kind. Grandfather-like. He was a big man with a leather skin and white hair. He kept flashing his hands, fervently.  I realized that he was telling me to turn on my head lights. It wasn't dark outside, but the sun was going down, and he was concerned that my lights were not on. Sweet man...who I was so quick to jump to conclusions about. I turned on my head lights, and he seemed pleased. He smiled at me and nodded. The light turned green, and we split ways.

Certainly, it's not a good thing that he sped down a windy road and cut me off, but I was so quick to label him based upon one quick interaction.

I decided today that I need to work on my outlook towards others. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle

Baby Lala: week 12

Crazy Lady